Sunday, November 18, 2007

Illustration Friday - Superstition


I went with the superstition of a ladybug on you is a sign of good luck and my love of black cats. I know that whenever a ladybug lands on me or anything near me it makes me smile. I was insanely infatuated with ladybugs as a child and still think they are the sweetest bug.

This site was a great source to read up on the many random superstitions out there. I'm not too superstitious, but there are some I abide by, simply because I figure why taunt the voodoo!

Side tangent: Once I saw this topic I immediately thought of a recent episode of the office when Michael Scott says "I'm not super stitious, but I'm a little stitious". Ha! What a great show, those writers definitely deserve a raise! :)

Have a great week! :)

9 comments:

Vhrsti said...

Cool! Very nice illo! Love your sweet style!

Flora Chang said...

Haha~~ so cute! Love the idea! I love ladybugs too!!

By the way Kelly, I've tagged you on my blog to write 5 ramdom thing about yourself, but only if you want to participate. :) XO

Heartful said...

Great idea! Love the ladybird!

Curt Rogers said...

I like this post, but I think my favorite part is the grass underneath the cat. The texture and the shading are great. Looks like you tried something new and it REALLY worked out well. NICE JOB!

Kelly Medina said...

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback.

Flora - I had fun coming up with some random things. Thanks for the taggin!

Curt - Yes, I did the grass in watercolour and scanned it in. I really like it too.

Michelle Lana said...

That's too cute. Great work kelly!

MiKa Art said...

cute! I've always wondered what is this thing about ladybug in the North American world. (In Japan, I never heard of ladybug and luck) So it is a good luck things, eh?

Pickledog said...

Fantastic! The ladybug is a great superstition!

I love the Office too, hopefully the writers will get the money for all their funny.

Anonymous said...

He's lovely - I've linked to it on my blog (along with your Etsy shop) - please let me know if you're okay with that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails