Thursday, December 20, 2007

Early Bird


I am not normally a morning person. This morning I randomly woke up at 5AM - I think from worrying, oh, the joys of being a worrier! When I woke up I looked at the closed bedroom door and saw light coming through the door and frame. I was a bit weirded out because I remember turning the lights off when I said good night to my dog (aka black dragon or Popsicle). I got up creeping my way out to the living room and turned off the lamp. Nothing jumped out or made a grab for me - phew!

I went back to bed and told Chris about it. He, of course, had some good logic, but the spooked feeling didn't really leave me. So I got up, showered, turned on my computer, made some eggs with toast, ate, read blogs, and drank water. I started getting tired about the time I would normally wake up (figures!) and remembered I didn't make any coffee to kick start my early morning. Coffee in hand - well on my desk, because I'm typing afterall - I'm enjoying writing a few emails and this post.

It is such a shame we have to sleep so much - can you imagine how much stuff we could create, observe, enjoy if we had all that time awake! I hope some day my body clock sort of clicks and gets me up naturally so I can enjoy these nice leisurely mornings. They are wonderful.

Woah! It is already 8.. yah I'm gonna be late for work.

5 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

hehe I know what you mean. Sleeping does take a lot of time, but it feels soooooo good! :)

By the way, you put sprinkles in your coffee? How totally fun! :)

Kelly Medina said...

I couldn't agree more. I love laying/sitting in bed and a good deep sleep - I just wish I could be multi-tasking in some way. heh

I don't always do sprinkles. They were out from my cookie baking extravaganza the night before. But I think I might remember to do that more often.

:)

Curt Rogers said...

Amazing that at 5 Am you can manage to make the coffee, have it look so frothy and wonderful sprinkle it all pretty and then take a well-lit picture. At 5 AM I can barely speak my own name!

I was happy when my internal clock discovered the joys of early mornings. There is something exquisite about the peace and calm of being witness to the awakening of the world.

Good for you!

Kelly Medina said...

Yah, I hit snooze 3-5 times this morning. The roads were slick so I couldn't make up any time on the roads! Ha, just kidding!

Some day...maybe.. I simply am more of a night owl, I suppose that makes the rare occasion of being awake super early even more special for me.

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I wake up very early every day, if it's not the cats meowing at me, it's some internal clock. Usually it's between 5AM and 6AM. Sometimes I wish I could sleep a little longer, but those cats make too much noise! So to keep Michael from waking up, I get up and cater to thier needs.
But I do love being awake so early, it's so quiet.
The negative side is, I can't stay up to watch a movie in the evening without falling asleep halfway through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails