Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh, Deer!


The other day when I got home from work, I found most of my favorite plants eaten down to nubs or twigs by the local deer. This is my first year to really get into outdoor planting, so to find my freshly planted beauties abused like this, I was crushed. So I quickly did a bit of research (got to love the internet!) and bought some spray to deter them from returning, as well as, buying lots of plants that they don't like - Yarrow, Anise Hyssop, Lady's Mantle. I am hopeful this will stop them from making my pretty plants into an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.

3 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh well at least you got a beautiful illustration out of it! :o)

Flora Chang said...

This happened to me the first year I started to plant flowers... I spent so much $$ on bulbs but rabbits and squirrels end up eating most of them and the repellant didn't really work either. Now I learn I will never plant bulbs again...

Emily Dorchak said...

HAHAHA. we have deer that eat all of the stuff we plant. its so anoyyyyiinnnhh

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails